November 18, 1928
1. Walt Disney wrote the script for the 1929 short “plane crazy”, which was the first short created to star Mickey Mouse, this is also the first time Minnie appeared alongside Mickey!
2. Although Mickey and Minnie never had an on screen wedding, in a 1933 interview Walt said Mickey is married to Minnie!
6. Both Minnie’s parents were farmers.
7. Mickey made his debut appearance in the 1934 “Macy’s Santa Clause Parade” which is now called “Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade”. The balloon was hand painted and guided by men and women dressed in Mickey and Minnie costumes my
9. The 1929 short “Mickeys Follies” is where he sang he’s “got a sweetie…she’s my little Minnie Mouse” where he announced Minnie was his girlfriend!
10. The women who voiced Minnie Mouse was Russi Taylor who in 1991 married Wayne Allwine who voiced Mickey Mickey Mouse!
Happy Birthday Mickey and Minnie!