It has been 5 years since Tangled came out November 24, 2010! This has to be one of my favorite newer Disney princess, so inorder to celebrate this amazing movie here are some fun facts!
3. The Director of Tangled, Nathan Greno, began his Disney career as an inbetween artist for Mushu in the Disney film Mulan. Before directing Tangled he also worked on Brother Bear, Meet the Robinsons and Bolt. Nathan also voiced Lefty in Meet the Robinsons.
4. There is a family resemblance between Rapunzel and her parents. BUT unlike normal families, Rapunzel came first and her parents were designed after her. So in technicality her parents look like her.
6. Rapunzel has 70 feet of golden hair and more than 100,000 individual strands. A special software had to be created to simulate the movement for the hair, because no one had ever animated that much hair before.
7. 10 women from the prodution grew their hair out during the making of the film, they each cut about 10 inches off of their hair to donate to an organization that makes real-hair wigs for people who’ve lost their hair due to illness.
9.Grizzly River Run in Disney’s California Adventure Park was used as inspiration for the water leaks on the rickety wood dam that burst.
10. In early designs for Pascual he was purple and blue. Eventually the artists thought green was the best because it looked the best with Rapunzels hair and clothes. Also Pascual was almost a squirrel.
Happy Anniversary Rapunzel, thank you for showingus the true meaning of a frying pan!