Many of us know Brian Bedford as the voice of Robin Hood, he has battled cancer for over 2 years and has passed away Wednesday Jan 13, 2016 at the age of 80.
Brian acted and directed for 29 season at the famous Stratford Shakespeare Festival. He appeared in 18 broadway productions and has won a Tony award in 1971 Molieres The School Of Wives.
Here are 5 facts about Brian Bedford.
- He was married to Tim MacDonald from July 2013-Jan 13, 2016
- in 1972 Bedford was awarded the Joseph Jefferson award for his performance in “The Tavern” at the Academy Festival Theater in Chicago
- In 2001 he was nominated for the Joseph Jefferson award for his part in “The School of Scandal”at the Chicago Shakespearian Theater
- 2004 he was nominated for another Joseph Jefferson award for his role in “The Moliere Comedies” at the Chicago Shakespearian Theater
- He studied at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London, England
Here are a couple of facts about the classic Disney Movie Robin Hood, because without Brian Robin Hood wouldn’t be the same.
- The movie was the first animated feature to be produced almost completely without Walt Disney’s involvement after his passing. The movies success was going to be treated as foreshadowing of whether or not the studio could carry on Walts magic.
- despite all the mixed reviews when the movie came out, Robin Hood ended up doing very well at the box office taking in $9.5 million, at the time it was Dinsey’s biggest box office total to date.
- Robin Hood uses a lot of recycled animation, some which are from the Jungle Book, The Aristocats, Snow White and other previous Disney Films
Brian Bedford will always hold a special place in my heart, not only because he voiced Robin Hood but for his amazing shakespearian voice and talent. RIP Brian Bedford. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.
Brian Bedford February 16, 1935- January 13, 2016.