Prepare your furry friends for a hot summer by keeping them cool with some frozen fun treats!! Here are a couple of my pups favorite recipes!
Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Drops
- 1 cup PB
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup water
- Line a sheet pan with wax paper
- Mash and combine PB, Banana and water in a small bowl
- Spoon the mixture onto the tray in drops and let freeze over night
- Once frozen store in a bag or container in the freezer
The pups go BANANAs for this treat and it helps them stay cool on a nice hot day!
Sweet Frozen Fruit-Sicles
- 1/2 cantaloupe (Peeled and seeded)
- 1 cup of low fat blueberry yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Puree cantaloupe in a food processor
- mix fruit yogurt and honey together
- Pour in an ice cube tray and freeze
*Try combining different fruits. Be sure to wash, peel and remove seeds before serving to your furry friend.
*Apples(w/o seeds), Bananas,Blackberries, Blueberries, Cantaloupe, Cranberries, Honeydew, Huckleberries, Kiwis, Oranges, Pears, Watermelon, Strawberries and Raspberries.
Strawberry Coconut-Milk Ice Cream
- 28 Ounce coconut milk
- 3/4 cup strawberries (washed and dried)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- transfer your mixture to a freezer safe container, cover and let it freeze for several hours until it has an ice cream consistency.
I personally love the strawberry coconut milk ice cream BUT my pups love PB and Banana so that is definitely always around the house. This is a fun way to keep your furry friends cool for those hot summer days and its great party snacks!