4th of July can be a very stressful day for our furry friends…so here are 8 tips to keep those paws safe and out of harms way!
- Make sure your pups ID tag is up to date and on the collar at all times.
- Be prepared by taking a picture of your pooch that day just in case.
- EXERCISE.EXERCISE.EXERCISE. If you exercise your pup before the party, this will help your little one stay calm when all your guests start coming over and help them relax when the fireworks start going off.
- Ask your part guests to play with your pup away from any open flames. Safety first!
- Keep the fireworks out of those pups reach, keep them up high or lock them in a room so they can’t get to them.
- Have a bowl of treats ready for guests to give your pups so they don’t feed them people food.
- Give your pup a treat that’ll take them a while to eat and distract them as the fireworks go off.
- Lavender is a soothing smell so drop a few drops of Lavender oil on your pups collar and bed to help them relax.
Happy 4th of July to you and your pups, we hope you have a fun and safe day!