The Great Movie Ride had its final show Sunday, August 13, 2017, so in honor of this fantastic attraction here are some fun facts!
- The Great Movie Ride made its debut with Disney’s Hollywood Studios May 1, 1989.
- The attraction takes guests o an 18-minute tour of some of the most famous films in the 1930 Era.
- Great Moments Movie Museum was the original name for the attraction.
- The ride is a full-scale reproduction of Hollywood’s legendary Graumann’s Chinese Theater.
- There is nearly 50 life like animatronic replicas of legendary movie stars. The main audio-animatronics have wigs made out of human hair.
- If you look closely at the Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark scene, you can spot hidden characters: Mickey, Donald, and representations of C3P0 and R2D2.
What is your favorite moment about The Great Movie Ride? Let me know in the comments below!