It wouldn’t be Halloween without some spooky facts about The Haunted Mansion, so here we go!
- The Haunted Mansion is the only attraction located in four different lands in four different Disney parks: New Orleans Square at Disneyland, Liberty Square at Walt Disney World, Fantasyland at Tokyo Disneyland and Frontierland at Disneyland Paris.
- Disney legend Claude Coats briefly developed a water version of the Haunted Mansion which guests would float through the ruins of an old plantation house, partially submerged in a Louisiana Bayou.
- Imagineers produced the audio-animatronics figures, props and set pieces for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World versions of the Haunted Mansion at the same time, knowing that the Florida attraction would open less than two years after its Anaheim predecessor.
- The Ghost Host was originally supposed to take the form of a crow, which was tossed out but you can still find the crow throughout the ride (Disneyland). Paul Frees, the voice of the Ghost Host also provided the voices for Ludwig von Drake, Boris Dadonov, the Pillsbury Doughboy and many of the POTC including the infamous auctioneer.
- The infamous mansion wallpaper was created by Imagineer Marc Davis. It was a collaboration between “Museum of the Weird” creator Rolly Crump and Claude Coats.
What is your favorite part about the Haunted Mansion? mine would have to be Haunted Mansion Holiday, it’s my favorite time to ride this amazing and spooky attraction!