Day 2 of 25 is set for the pups! I recently started making them these Apple Cinnamon Donut. Not only does this make your house smell like Christmas the pups absolutely LOVE these! So lets get baking.
- 3 C flour
- 1 1/2 C Oats
- 1/2 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 apple
- 1 egg
- 1 Cwater
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Plain greek yogurt
Directions for DONUTS:
- pre-heat oven to 350º
- line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- add flour, oats and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk together
- in a small bowl beat egg. Add water, grated apple, and oil.
- add wet ingredients to the dry, and mix
- knead dough ball with your hands until thoroughly combined
- roll the dough out flat about 1/4 inch thick and cut out your shapes
- place on cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes
Directions for ICING:
- mix plain greek yogurt with some honey to create icing
- glaze donuts and freeze for 30 minutes to harden glaze
- if you are adding icing, store in the fridge for up to 5 days
*unfrosted donuts will keep for 1 week in an airtight container. In the freezer for up to 3 months.
The pups and I hope you enjoy these as much as my pups do every Christmas. Christmas to me means love, giving to others and spending it with the people you love and care about. What does Christmas mean to you?