There are so many changes and magic happening in the world of Disney that I know I won’t come close to covering, so I picked out a few updates on WDW, Disneyland, and Disney Channel.
Walt Disney World:
- Toy Story Land is opening up this summer so Disney’s Hollywood studios will soon be rolling out the red carpet before we know it! I’m excited to ride the Alien Swirling Saucers where I hope I get chosen by the claw, and I am really excited to ride Slinky Dog Dash because who doesn’t love Slinky? I also can not wait to see how awesome Andy’s backyard will look and of course just hanging out.
- Hollywood Studios is keeping its name!! HOORAY! Since, the park is about movies, music, TV, and theater Disney has decided to keep its name because it just makes sense.
- The exclusive Club 33 will be in all WDW parks. The Magic Kingdom will most likely be located in Adventureland Veranda. Even though it is still under construction, the membership invites have begun! Membership price is $25,000 for joining fee and annual dues of $15,000. Members will be able to access all four Club 33 lounges at WDW but will NOT automatically be a member of Club 33 in Disneyland. Although Disney has not released an opening date, its speculated to open this year.
- If you have recently visited the park, you have heard that Rancho Del Zocalo had stopped serving breakfast February 6, to make room for Red Rose Taverne’s breakfast which will be served from park opening to 11am that started February 7!
- There is a single rider line for Space Mountain, which is crazy and amazing! Can I also just say FINALLY!!! I am very excited about this update.
- Starting February 16, Black Panther will be joining the Marvel Meet and Greet characters in DCA’s Hollywood Backlot.
- Today February 8 in 2001, marks the opening day of Dinsey California Adventure. Its crazy to think how much DCA has changed since opening day in 2001!
- Premiering on DC in 2002 with 87 episodes and two animated movies, this typical high school redhead will have a Live action movie! Now it is still in early production, so there is no cast yet, BUT the series creator Mark McCorkle, Robert Schooley, and Josh Cagan will write the scripts and act as executive producer while Adam B Stein and Zach Lipovsky will co-produce. I am hoping for a cameo by Christie Carlson-Romano and of course, Will Friedle who voiced Kim and Ron.
- ZOMBIES the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie will premier February 16, 2018. ITs starring Meg Donnelly, Milo Manhel, Emilia McCarthy and directed by Paul Hoen who also directed other DCOM’s and Disney Series such as Eddies Million Dollar Cook-Off, Jump In, Let It Shine, Even Stevens, Andi Mack, Jonas and so many more. So I’m sure ZOMBIES will be an amazing contribution to the DCOM family.
New Disney Park:
A brand new park rumored to open in the next four years to Tokyo Disney Resort. According to a Japanese Newspaper plans are being finalized for a space and flight-inspired theme park called Tokyo DisneySky. It sounds pretty interesting and I would love to see the concept art for this DisneySky.
I think the top things I am most excited for to see is Toy Story Land in WDW, and of course the Live-action Kim Possible! I grew up watching Kim Possible and it’s really quite exciting to see it come back after about 16 years.