runDisney, like I’ve always said, has completely changed my life and since its Medal, Monday why not do a tag about runDisney! So runners set GOOOOO!
- How did you first discover runDisney?
I first discovered runDisney when my family and I took a trip to Disneyland about 6 years ago. We were walking in Downtown Dinsey when my aunt shouted: “WHAT IS THAT AND HOW DO I GET ONE?” and the guy was really nice and answered her and then we signed up.
2. How many raced have you done?
8 events (some multiple times). 13 5k’s, 6 10k’s, 11 Half Marathons, 2 Full Marathons, 9 challenges, 3 virtual, 2 coast to coast and 1 castle to Chateau.
3. What was your first run?
The Inaugural Dopey Challenge in 2014. 48.6 miles and this was my first ever running event EVER. I also did not train at all nor did I break in my shoes…
4. What was your favorite race weekend?
Dopey Challenge 2018 because I PR and I ran it with my mom. Plus Dopey was celebrating it’s 5 year anniversary which was also in a way celebrating my 5-year running adventure which I hope to continue.
5. What was your least favorite run?
Disneyland Paris because I was so thrown off by the mile markers because they don’t use miles, but everyone was super friendly and encouraging like every other runDisney event.
6. What was your favorite park to run through?
Hollywood Studios in WDW and Carsland in DCA.
7. What is your favorite runDisney medal?
Castle to Chateau medal. I think it’s GORGEOUS!
8. What is your favorite shirt?
2018 Goofy’s challenge and a Half shirt because it reminds me of my favorite baseball team.
9. What are 3 songs on your runDisney playlist?
Hey Princess (Allstar Weekend), I Can Go the Distance (Hercules), and Carrying the Banner (Newsies).
10. Do you go for a PR or do you not worry about time?
I go for a PR, I find the longer I stay out on the course the more I get into my own head.
11. Which character do you always stop for?
12. What is your favorite pre-race meal?
Lucky charm marshmallows. I don’t like to eat before a run but if I do it’s the lucky charm marshmallows.
13. Favorite costume you ran in?
Darth Maul. It was more of a Dinsey bound than an actual costume but I think it was close enough.
14. Favorite costume you’ve seen someone else run in?
That is a tough one because everyone has AMAZING costumes but I will go with Thunder mountain because for the entire 10k she wore a mountain on her head and her body and there was an actual bobsled that moved around on a track. It was really cool.
I hope you enjoyed this runDisney Tag and let me know what your answers in the comments below!