Walt Disney World:
- Up! A Great Bird Adventure will open April 22, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, just in time for AK 20th anniversary. The show will feature Russell and Doug from Disney/Pixar UP as they discover species of birds from around the world in their newest adventure in Anadapur village.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant will offer an enhanced Prix fix dinner menu starting July 27, making you feel like royalty.
- Tokyo Dinsey Resort will celebrate the 35th anniversary with new Chocolate Crunch shops. Starting April 15, two new themed shops will open at World Bazaar: Pastry Palace and Ice Cream Cone. Chocolate Crunch has been a resort souvenir staple since its introduction back in 1986. Pastry Palace guests can build their own chocolate crunch container filled with new flavors like strawberry shortcake and the previously discontinued Caramel flavor which is available until July 7. At the Ice Cream Cone, you can find two new tasty desserts inspired by Donald and Daisy Duck.
- Aladdin’s Oasis will soon be transformed into The Tropical Hideaway.
Disney California Adventure:
- Arielle’s Grotto will be transformed into a California Casual Gastro-Pub cuisine called The Lamplight Lounge. It will continue to have a waterfront view from both upstairs and downstairs. The outdoor seating will provide views of Pixar Pier and of course World Of Color. The Lamplight Lounge will open June 23.
- The Cove Bar will briefly open March 16 before closing again in May for its permanent transformation.
- There is an expansion going to happen to the Walt Disney Studios Park, they will be adding three new areas based on Marvel, Frozen and Star Wars. They will have live entertainment along with new attractions. The new focal point is the new lake, which will focus on entertainment experiences while connecting each of the new lands.
- The new development will take place in 2021 and will take a couple of years to complete. This is said to be one of the most ambitious projects since the parks opening in 1992. There will be changes to some attractions such as Rock N Rollercoaster which will be transformed into a hyper- kinetic adventure with Iron Man.
Im excited for all these changes, even though it seems like it is going to take FOREVER I know once they are done it will be worth it.