There are two major updates that I feel need to be talked about, runDisney, Pixar Pier, and Pixar Fest!
Today, runDisney put out a post about Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend which has a lot of participants a bit uneasy. In the post Disney states that the W&D registration has been temporarily delayed and they will have an update on registration later this week for W&D race weekend on Nov. 1-4, 2018.
If you are familiar in the runDisney world then you know everyones concern, if you are not well this is a similar situation on what happened with Disneyland race weekend events. During construction at the Disneyland Resort they will not be hosting any runDisney events. Do you think they are going to put a temporary hold on W&D or race weekend events? let me know your thoughts and concern.
There are a lot of changes undergoing on the former Paradise Pier and I am pretty excited about all of them. So here is the rundown of whats to come on Pixar Pier!
- –Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company will reopen as the Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats. It will continue selling frozen treats with some lemon frozen non dairy treats.
- –Lamplight Lounge will be a two story lounge that will be taking over Ariels Grotto and the Cove Bar.
*The top level (Cove Bar will offer cocktails and light meals, where as the bottom level will have more of a substantial menu.
*March 16-May 29 will be the last chance to eat at the Cove Bar before it goes away forever.
- –Bing Bongs Sweet Stuff will sell candy, slushies and of course Bing Bong himself.
- –Nick’s Nack will be taking over Treasures in Paradise.
- –The Angry Dog inspired by Inside Out’s Anger will be a quick service stand located in Pixar Promenade.
- –Mickey’s Fun Wheel will remain the same but it is currently getting painted blue and the gondola cars will represent Pixar movies such as: Toy Story, Nemo, CoCo, Incredibles, Up, Cars, and Monsters Inc.
There are about five new themed areas/neighborhoods: Incredibles Neighborhood, Toy Story Neighborhood, Pixar Promenade, Inside Out Neighborhood, and Paradise Park.
- Home of the Incredicoaster, the attraction where Jack Jack is on the lose and his family is trying to get him back.
- The queue to the ride will have a 1950’s mid century modern look to it.
Toy Story Neighborhood:
- Jessie the Yodeling Cow Girl will be taking over King Tritons Carousel. It will reopen as Jessie’s Critter Carousel, where it will feature cute little critters.
- Don Tomas Turkey Leg will be replaces by a huge carton of Chicken called Poultry Palace where you can buy snacks.
- A revamped churros stand will be called Señor Buzz Churros themed around everyones favorite space ranger Buzz Lightyear.
Four out of the five boardwalk arcade games will be reconfigured and there will be new plush prizes to win.
- Bullseye Stallion Stampede will remain the same.
- Dumbos Bucket Brigade will be replaced by WALL-E Space Spin.
- La Luna Star Catcher will replace Goofy about Fishin’.
- Casey at the Bat will be taken over by Heimlich Candy toss.
Inside Out Neighborhood:
- The land where Pixar characters come to life.
- It may also home a new attraction where Maliboomer (2010) once stood. It looks like it will revolve around memories. Unfortunately, no information has been released whether this is actually happen or an idea that has been scratched off the list.
- Paradise Pier will become Paradise Park
- It will home: Paradise Gardens, Goofy’s Sky School, The Little Mermaid Ride, Jumping Jellyfish, Silly Symphony Swings and The Golden Zephyr.
Pixar Fest will be coming to the Disneyland Resort, April 13 through September 3 with a brand new nighttime show and of course food.
- Together Forever- A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular.
- Paint the Night will return.
- Pixar Play Parade will make its debut in Disneyland.
- Fried Chicken Bologna Sandwich- Carnation Cafe
- Fredrickson TV Dinner- Carnation Cafe
- Up Merit Badge Eclair- Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe
- Up Tart-Nutella Pop Tart Chocolate Fredrickson House and Balloons- Cappuccino Cart
- Boot Beet Root Beer Float served in a souvenir Woody’s Boot- Golden Horseshoe
- Jessies Berry Jubilee Funnel Cake- Golden Horseshoes
- Lots-o-straw-“bear”y funnel cake- Hungry Bear
- Lots-o-straw-“bear”y churro- Tomorrowland
- Coco churro (chocolate/ vanilla bean served with spiced Mexican chocolate dipping sauce)- Frontierland
- Mike Wazowski Bread-Pacific Wharf Cafe
- Sulley premium popcorn bucket- All popcorn carts
- Mike Wazowski sipper- DCA quick service restaurants
Pixar Fest Merch:
- Pixar Fest Logo Tees along with Woody, Buzz, Mike and Sulley
- Pixar Fest leather tote
- Limited release pin with feature event logo
- Tumbler featuring an illuminated claw reaching towards an alien from Toy Story
All these changes are really exciting, at least for me. I honestly can’t wait to see Pixar Pier, and of course try all the new Pixar inspired foods coming to Disneyland. What are you most excited about? Let me know in the comments below.