Christmas Yule Log!
This year I thought it would be fun to try out something new and that would be my attempt at making a Christmas Yule Log! I think they are super festive, so why not give it a go? So here is the recipe I fell in love with!
What you will need:
- 6 eggs
- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. powder sugar
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 container whipped vanilla frosting
What to d0:
- preheat oven to 375º and line your cake pan and cupcake cups with parchment paper
- Combine and mix all ingredients for the cake in an electric mixer and fill cake pan and cupcake tray with the mixture
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Once done turn the cake upside down on a clean kitchen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Remove your parchment paper from the cake. While your cake is still hot carefully roll your cake and towel up and let it cool for an hour
- In a bowl microwave, your whipping cream for about a 1min-1min 30 seconds until it starts to boil and stir in your chocolate chips and corn syrup let it stand for 3 minutes before gently beating with a whisk until smooth then add in your vanilla and let it refrigerate for an hour stirring every 15 minutes
- Unrolling the cake carefully and removing the towel spread your filling evenly throughout the cake and roll it back up. Place your cooling rack on a piece of parchment paper placing your rolled up cake on the rack and frost your cake.
- For a tree like consistency grab a fork and drag tines through it.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as my cousins and I did.