Milk Chocolate Candy Cane Pot de Creme!
So this year for Christmas I decided to try a new dessert from my new Dinsey Cookbook! I can tell you right now I think it’s going to be a hit!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Tsp powdered unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tbs cold water
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3/4 c chopped milk chocolate
- 1 Tsp peppermint extract
What to do:
- Stir gelatin and water in a small bowl: let sit while cream heats
- Heat heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Don’t bring to a boil
- Once cream begins to steam add gelatin and stir until it dissolves
- in a separate bowl beat egg yolks and sugar until the color is pale
- while whisking continuously drizzle 1/2 c of hot cream into egg yolk mixture
- whisk remaining egg yolk mixture into hot cream. turn heat to low
- continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon
- add chocolate to a large bowl and pur the hot cream over chocolate
- stir in the peppermint extract
- strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any lumps
- pour into a 4 oz serving cup and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
To top it off at some whipped cream, peppermint bark and some crushed candy cane for more of a peppermint flavor!