DIY Snow Snow
Tokyo Disneyland has the CUTEST stuffed animals, aka Lovies called Snow Snows. All they are, are characters in a snowman form. Although they are simple, they have stolen my heart so much I have attempted to make them.
What you need:
- Pom pom maker
- Colored felt
- 3 skeins of 4 or 5 white yarn
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- 3/16 dowel rod
Build Pom Pom’s:
*use the pom pom maker to build four pom poms. Four will build one snow mouse.
- One pom pom: 4 1/2
- One pom pom: 3 3/8
- Two pom poms: 1 5/8
Attach the Pom poms:
- Cut a 6″ pice of dowel rod and stick it through the 4 1/2 pom pom until it hits the bottom. Lift hallway up, apply some hot glue and re-insert.
- Attach the 3 3/8 pom pom to the top of the dowel rod and secure with glue.
Attach the Ears:
- Cut to 3″ pieces of floral wire. Stick the wire through the pair of 1 5/8 pom poms and secure with hot glue.
- With the ears on the wire, carefully push through the top pom of the snow mouse, lift half way out, apply hot glue and re-insert.
- Add your eyes, nose and any other embellishments to bring your snow snow to life!