I love the smell of waffles, and for some reason, waffles and cookies make me feel like holidays have arrived, so when I found this recipe for Waffle Cookies, it was game over!
- 1/2 C butter (softened)
- 1 C sugar
- 2 Large eggs (room temp)
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract (or maple syrup)
- 1- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Confectioners Sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into cream mixture. (mixture should be thick)
- Grease pre-heated waffle iron, before dropping dough in batches by tablespoons about 3-4 inches apart.
- Bake until dark brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and let it cool before dust with confectioners sugar.
If you are like me, you can’t wait until they cool down and dust the powder sugar before it cools and burns your mouth with the delicious goodness.