Cinnamon Almonds from the Charles Dickens Christmas fair but due to the pandemic has been canceled this year. I thought I wasn’t going to get these delicious treats, but they have released their recipe.
- 1 Pound whole Almonds, raw
- 1 Egg white
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 Tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp ground ginger
- Pre-heat oven to 250º F. In a large, reimmed baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all the sugars, cinnamon, salt and ginger and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add egg whites to a larger mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until frothy. Add vanilla bean paste or extract and beat until combine.
- Add almonds to bowl with egg whites and stir to combine. Add sugar mixture and stir again to combine.
- Spread almonds out in a single, even layer on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- After almonds have baked an hour, taste one to check for desired crispiness. Adjust baking time per your taste.
Although these are just as delicious, I miss the atmosphere of getting them at the fair.