Plaza de Familia at Disney California Adventure park is coming to life with the spirit of Dia de los Muertos and Pixars Coco. Starting September 3 through November 2, 2021.
What can you expect?:
- A Musical Celebration of Coco
- Meet and greet with Miguel
- Memory Wall
- Árbol de la Vida (Tree of Life)
- Deign your own alebrije masks of Dante and Pepita
- Mariachi concerts
- Mexican food at Paradise Grill
A Musical Celebration
- A festive show by a storyteller of Plaza de la Familia will feature popular songs from Coco, including Remember Me. As the story of Miguel’s journey into the Land of the Dead, Miguel will make an appearance as a hand-animated dimensional figure. Guests will have multiple chances to see this excellent performance as it is performed multiples times a day.
A Seasoned Feast
- Over at Plaza Garden Grill, there will be delicious food options such as tacos, tamales, and delicious desserts. Try out the hibiscus-flavored Jamaica Slush, or the Mexican hot chocolate served in a souvenir mug if you get thirsty.
Lasting Family Memories
- Between performances, guests are invited to take pictures of Miguel and take a picture infant of the iconic and beautiful Mexican Árbol de la Vida, which is overflowing with colorful flowers and authentic Mexican Catrinas that are interconnected through this Tree of Life. They are also offering a Memory Wall to leave a nite of remembrance for loved ones who have been and will forever be part of our lives.
I don’t know about you, but this is always a refreshing time to visit the parks. For one, the decorations are gorgeous, and I always feel that little extra magic. Plus, this is when I know the Holidays in the parks are officially here.
Have you ever visited the park during this time?