Kiki’s Delivery Service Chocolate Cake
I am absolutely OBSESSED with Kiki’s Delivery Service, so when I found the recipe (Diethood)to the Chocolate cake that her friend Madame makes her as a show of appreciation in the movie I knew I had to make it so I can enjoy it while I watch the movie. So let’s get started!
- 1 C sugar
- 3/4 C flour (plus 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 C cocoa powder (plus 2 tbsp)
- 1 Tspn baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 C buttermilk
- 1/2 C cooled coffee
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Bag of chocolate chips
- 3/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp salted butter
*Start with the frosting because it needs time to chill 🙂
- First, place your chocolate chips in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cook the whipping cream and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until just boiling, stirring frequently. Pour the cream mix over the chocolate and whisk briskly until completely smooth.
- Place some plastic wrap over the bowl and put it in the fridge to chill. After 1 hour, stir the mix thoroughly. Replace the cover and put the mix back in the fridge for another hour or until it reaches spreading consistency.
*Pre-heat oven to 350º and spray cooking pan with cooking spray
- Dump the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk it!
- Whisk in the egg, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla. Beat the mix briskly for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into your pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set the cake pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Then flip the cake out of the pan and allow it to cool completely on the rack.
- When the cake is cool, frost!
This cake was so delicious and yes, I did take apiece before I watched the movie. I had to make sure it was okay and let me tell you it was DELICIOUS! Thank you Katrina for the recipe, I cant wait to dive into the cake while I watch Kiki’s Delivery Service!