Gingerbread Cookie Bar
Gingerbreads scream Christmas to me. I absolutely LOVE how they smell and how they taste, but I am lazy so a Gingerbread Cookie Bar is better than individual cookies.
- 1/2 C melted butter
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 C dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 C molasses
- 1 L egg
- 2 C flour
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbs ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 Tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 ground cloves
- 1/2 Tsp salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3 Tbsp butter (softened)
- 2 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 3/4 Tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350º. Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer mix together: butter, sugars, vanilla and molasses until it get light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg until completely combined. Add dry ingredients and pulse until fully incorporated.
- Spread the dough evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until darker in color.
- In a standing mixer combine cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar and vanilla and pulse until combined.
Once the cookie is cooled frost and garnish with sprinkles. Cut into squares OR do what I do and add forks and eat it one bite at a time. Personally, I love when it is still warm so I frost when it is not completely cool.