Thanksgiving Dinner for the Dogs
Every year on thanksgiving I take it a step further and make sure my littles have an extra special chub day as well. Not only do they get a special dinner, but a special breakfast, and dessert as well. Today, I will give you the recipee to their doggy dinner which we make enough for their puppy cousin CoCo as well.
- Skinless turkey pieces (light and dark)
- Sweet Potato
- Green beans
- Shred or dice your turkey making sure to remove all of the skin and bones. I prefer to shred it for my littles and CoCo because they tend to inhale instead of chew.
- Boil your sweet potato until fully cooked. I like to make mashed sweet potato for them but you can also dice it.
- Cook your green beans, peas and carrots. I like to cook everything until it is soft because it is easier for my littles to eat.
- Take a handful or two depending on how much you want to make for your pup into some water and bring to a simmer.
- Once it starts to bubble, it should thicken up slightly, I like to keep it more on the thinner side, so I can strain it and take out all the chunks.
- Once it’s done, I drizzle 1 teaspoon over their food.
The pups had this every year since their very first Thanksgiving with me. It’s a tradition in our family, plus I am thankful to have hem in my life, and I love including them in any festivities that we have in the house.