Puppy Apple Pie
- 3c peeled, sliced, and cored apples
- 2/3 c water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 2 3/4c flour
- 1c water
- 1 egg
- Coconut Oil
- Pie pan
Pie Crust Instructions:
- Mix all ingredients together until it forms a dough ball. Not too sticky and not crumbly.
- Once the right consistency, roll out to 1/4 inch thick.
- Grease your pie pan lightly with coconut oil so it won’t stick.
- Place your dough in the pie pan and trim off excess dough.
- Set aside.
- Peel, slice, and core your apples(we prefer to dice them pretty small) and place them in your sauce pan.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water to the sauce pan and cook on low heat until apples have softened.
- In a bowl add the rest of your water, cinnamon and cornstarch. Whisk together and add into the sauce pan.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes and turn off.
- Place your filling into your pie crust. You can leave it as is(open face) or you can top to with the remaining pie crust.
- Bake at 350º for 20-40 minutes or until the crust is lightly brown.
- Let it cool and serve!
When I make the pie, it is only a treat and given in moderation. I like to cut the apple pretty small, so it’s easier for them to eat, and I tend to overcook the apple, so they are pretty much apple sauce. We also cut this recipe down and use a mini pie pan, so it doesn’t go to waste.