Thanksgiving Meatballs for Pups
I am all about including my fur babies in the holidays, which means they get appetizers, and a full Thanksgiving meal. As for today, we are focusing on puppy safe meatballs!
- 1/2 Pound ground turkey
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 1 Egg
- 1 C rice
What to do:
- Start cooking the rice. Pre-heat oven to 400º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix pumpkin and egg until well combined.
- In a large bowl add the pumpkin and egg mixture to the ground turkey and rice. Mix until combined.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and roll in your hands to form a ball. Place on the line baking tray.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes in the oven. Poke the meatball with a fork, if it crumbles cook for another 3-5 minutes longer.
- Let them cool before serving to the pups.
You can add carrots to the mixture, but my pups have a sensitivity to them, so we leave them out. We hope your pups enjoy it as much as they do.