Pumpkin Spice Pup Treats
October is never complete without a Pumpkin Spice Treat, especially for the pups! Today’s spooky treat is one for the dogs.
- 1 c pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filing)
- 2 c plain oats
- 1 egg (beaten)
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place oats, pumpkin puree, and beaten egg into a food processor.
- Mix until it turns into a well formed dough.
- Roll the dough into quarter-sized pieces. Gently pressing down to form a disc.
- Place cookies on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
This recipe makes about 25-30 treats, so if you have any puppy friends or cousins, you can bag them up in a spooky bag and hand them out. We do like to pass them out to our furry friends, family, and neighbors. Another thing we do is bake these the morning of Halloween and package them up with the ingredients attached and hand them out to any puppy treaters.