Roasted Pumpkin Chipotle Cheddar Tots
When I found this recipe I was a tad bit nervous because I don’t care for pumpkin, but I was surprised to find out that I enjoyed these more than I thought.
- 1 1/4 C pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 Chipotle chile pepper (minced)
- 2 Tsp chili powder
- 1 Tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 C flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp pepper
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of sweet potato chips (or regular potato chips crushed)
- Pre-heat oven to 400º F and Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Add your pumpkin puree, chipotle chili pepper, smoked paprika, brown sugar, salt and pepper into a mixer and mix until the chipotle is mashed
- Add in the flour and egg until combined
- Fold in the cheddar cheese
- In a food processor pulse until crushed like bread crumbs and place in a shallow bowl
- Scoop one spoon of the smashed chips into the pumpkin mixture and combine
- Get a spoonful of the pumpkin mixture and coat it in the chip crumbs and fully coat it before forming it into a ball and placing it on your lined cookie sheet
- Cook for 15 minutes. Flip over and cook for another 15 minutes or until golden brown
This was my first time making these, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed them. I did change up the recipe a little bit for the second batch, which I made sweet potato ones. I left the sugar out of the batter because some of my family members don’t eat sugar.
Would you try making these?