Christmas Muddy Buddies
One of my favorite snacks I find myself making A LOT are muddy buddies. Its a pretty easy and sometimes messy snack BUT so worth it in the end. Especially, if you love salty and sweet snacks.
- 8 C chex cereal, divided
- 1 C red candy melts
- 1 C green candy melts
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 Gallon-sized ziplock bags
- Place 4 C of Chex cereal in one bag and the other 4 cups in the other
- In two microwave safe bowl add 1 cup of red candy melts to one and the 1 cup of green candy melts to the other. Microwave on for 30 seconds on 15 second intervals mixing in between
- Poor the melted candy melts in each of the bags, close and shake well until the cereal is completely covered in chocolate
- Pour your powdered sugar in the chocolate coated cereal, close and shake again until both bags are fully coated
- Store in an airtight container and it is good for a week!
I also like to add green and red M&M’s and I love that they add more color to the snack. I always have to set aside a bag for my little cousin because she absolutely LOVES these too and I don’t trust myself NOT to eat the entire container.