Summer is coming up and although we live in San Francisco and the sun has been hiding, I like to make some frozen treats for the pups. This time it’s going to be a banana, peanut butter and coconut oil treat.
- 1 C Peanut Butter
- 1 Medium Banana
- 1/2 C Coconut Oil
- PB provides nutrients and fiber as well as protein and healthy fats
- Banana is high in fiber and will help your dog feel better if they have gastrointestinal problems
- Coconut Oil is a great anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal.
- Place your peeled banana, PB and coconut oil in a blender or mash by hand.
- Once completely mixed place it in a silicone mold.
- Place it in the freezer until frozen.
I like to make different sizes of these treats. One size is for a quick treat, the second is when I want them to take their time eating it. Buster like to chomp it down, while Gelato is more into licking it like an ice cream, Piper like to wait until it gets a little bit melty before going in and eating it and Belle gets the super tiny one because she lets it melt before drinking it.