Pumpkin Spice Beignets
No Halloween is complete without some yummy homemade Pumpkin Spice Beignets, based off of the ones at the Mint Julep Bar at the Disneyland Resort.
- 3 1/2 C Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 4 C Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice
- 3 Tsp Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 C Buttermilk
- 3/4 C Milk
- Heat milk in a small pan until it starts to bubble.
- Add buttermilk and transfer the liquid to the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mix yeast and sugar and let sit for five minutes.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- Mix on a low speed for about five minutes until dough comes together. It should be a wet and sticky consistency.
- Remove the bowl from machine and cover the bowl with a dry towel or plastic wrap and let it rest for one hour.
- Add two inches deep of canola oil to a deep pan and heat to 375º.
- Add some flour to the top of the dough gently folding it into a ball shape.
- Add flour to your counter and roll the dough flat about a half inch thick.
- Using your Mickey shape cutter, cut out your Mickey’s.
- Drop into oil and let it cook for 2-3 minutes turning half way.
- Drain on a paper towel and dust with powder sugar.
You can let them cool, but I love burning my mouth because to me, that is when they are the most enjoyable.